please remind me how to remove orphaned Domain: menu items, the AppVM is gone, but I still see it listed in the Application 'Q' menu in 3.2

yre...@riseup.net

Mar 13, 2018, 8:30:27 PM3/13/18
to Qubes Users
please remind me how to remove orphaned Domain: menu items, the AppVM
is gone, but I still see it listed in the Application 'Q' menu in 3.2

but not in qvm-ls ; I don't want to remove the wrong config file
somewhere , I can't seem to find it in the old group postings,
though I know it's there

awokd

Mar 13, 2018, 10:36:27 PM3/13/18
to yre...@riseup.net, Qubes Users

yre...@riseup.net

Mar 15, 2018, 12:07:02 AM3/15/18
to aw...@danwin1210.me, Qubes Users
ok, I did remove the dir /var/lib/qubes/appvms/<vmthatstill appears in Q
Menu,but not in VM manager> , however have not as yet rebooted to see,
but as of now it still persists

if I do qvm-sync-appmenus <fooVM> it just tells me that fooVM doesn't
exist

this isn't how I recall sync'ing menus before ..hmm

yre...@riseup.net

Mar 18, 2018, 5:51:33 PM3/18/18
On 2018-03-13 16:36, awokd wrote:
hmm the issue seems to be that I have now upgraded debian-8 TemplateVM
to debian-9

and the AppVM that won't go-away is based on the debian-8 TemplateVM
based on what I see in the menu-items in the "Q" menu..

So:::

something like: qvm-sync -appmenus debian-8 isn't going to work as
the Template is gone ...

Further: after the debian-9 upgrade I did do :

[user@dom0 ~]$ sudo yum remove qubes-template-debian-8

However, it ALSO is still in the "Q" menu on the taskbar & the
Right-Click menus Domain lists

any other ideas, besides this post and the previous one where I deleted
:

/var/lib/qubes/appvms/<badAppVM> to no effect .....

Unman

Mar 18, 2018, 6:31:28 PM3/18/18
to yre...@riseup.net, aw...@danwin1210.me, Qubes Users

yre...@riseup.net

Mar 18, 2018, 7:10:35 PM3/18/18
to Unman, aw...@danwin1210.me, Qubes Users
ah yes, that was what I did last year at some point, I guess I need to
add to my list 'learn how to search qubes docs' really

steps 1 and 2 already did but not 3 -4

thank you sir/s