SSD cache breaks Anti Evil Maid completely

Swâmi Petaramesh

Jan 3, 2017, 10:04:24 AM1/3/17
to qubes-users
Hi,

I added an SSD cache to my Qubes installation, following Eric Shelton's
instructions :

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/qubes-users/ArHTEeQAH8A/r9zzY0DLBQAJ

It worked smoothly and well, and I can immediately see that my system
became much faster and responsive.

On the other hand, it completely broke my Anti-Evil-Maid installation.
Once the SSD cache is configured per instructions, if I try to boot with
AEM, it exits immediately to an emergency shell in initramfs,
complaining that it has found the root FS to be unexpectedly unencrypted
- most probably because AEM is unable to figure out the LVM cache setup
properly.

Uninstalling an reinstalling AEM after the cache is setup, unfortunately
doesn't help.

So I had to trade AEM for an SSD cache (which, in my own use case, is
not dramatically critical, anyway AEM didn't work properly on my HP
system...)

But I wanted to document this to the list : SSD cache works plain good,
but breaks AEM.

--
Swâmi Petaramesh <sw...@petaramesh.org> PGP 9076E32E

Andrew David Wong