How to point(connect) to App VM from external?

Tae Hwan Kim

Dec 19, 2019, 11:28:52 PM12/19/19
to qubes-users
Hi all!
I am trying to use Qubes OS as a mobile development machine.

My backend server is running in work vm at localhost:4000
And I am testing my app in real device that is connected using USB cable.

The frontend client should send request to my backend server (localhost:4000).
For testing in real device, localhost address must be changed to real ip address(work vm).
So in my client.js(frontend code),

const HTTP_ENDPOINT = "http://10.137.0.15:4000/api";
const httpLink = createHttpLink({ uri: HTTP_ENDPOINT});
const client = new ApolloClient({ link: httpLink });
,
Unfortunately that address doesn't respond. I tried real ip address which is 192.168.1.8, But doesn't work neither.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

awokd

Dec 20, 2019, 9:39:12 AM12/20/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Tae Hwan Kim:
You'd want to use the 192.168.1.8 address in your client, and port
forward to the VM using
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/firewall/#port-forwarding-to-a-qube-from-the-outside-world.

--
- don't top post
- trim quoted reply to only relevant portions

Tae Hwan Kim

Dec 21, 2019, 2:09:47 PM12/21/19
to qubes-users
I solved my problem using that document.
Thanks for your help!.