unexpected hard reboot on xen-4.6.6-37 (in security-testing repo)

qubes...@riseup.net

Mar 17, 2018, 7:53:09 PM3/17/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

this is just a warning for those that have qubes-dom0-security-testing enabled
and did not upgrade yet.

Besides breaking dispVM functionality [1] I also had a strange
unexpected hard reboot since I upgraded to xen-4.6.6-37.
I don't know the root cause of the reboot but it _might_ be related
to the xen update.

So if you enabled the dom0 security-testing repo you might want to
avoid upgrading just yet.

[1] https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3711

cooloutac

Mar 22, 2018, 10:35:43 PM3/22/18
to qubes-users

I'm not having this issue, I use 3.2 and only testing repo i enable is the security one. Also i've been posting in this thread https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-users/rpzprvCQz9g but i'm not even sure I have the same type of dispvm problems as the other users.

What exactly do you mean dispvm functionality is broken?