Qubes OS Live

niely....@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2016, 7:32:08 AM12/26/16
to qubes-users
Hi

This page [https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/live-usb/] says that Qubes OS Live is still in Beta-version.

I'm wondering if this is than safe to use. Will I have the same security-benefits if I use the Live-version than when I use the normal version?

If no,
would it be possible to install it on an USB and not on the default harddrive?

And when does it quit the beta?
I think a Live-option would be a good thing this OS needs.

Thanks!

Tai...@gmx.com

Dec 26, 2016, 6:05:55 PM12/26/16
to niely....@gmail.com, qubes...@googlegroups.com
A live operating system will always have outdated packages thus it is bad from a security perspective.

You can install it on a usb flash drive but it is not recommended due to performance and longevity issues if you do this you will use up your drives lifetime max writes in a matter of weeks.

Andrew David Wong

Dec 26, 2016, 8:14:58 PM12/26/16
to niely....@gmail.com, qubes-users

raah...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2016, 11:52:00 AM12/27/16
to qubes-users, niely....@gmail.com

I believe the usb stick is good for just seeing what qubes looks like, see if it boots on your system, and to check the hardware compatibility with the hcl-report command. Not for everyday use.