Troubleshooting Installation of Windows 10 in Qubes OS

Knut von Walter

Oct 5, 2020, 4:21:39 AM10/5/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

at the moment I am trying to install Windows 10 following this instruction, link: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-vm/ . However Windows is not booting. After clicking on ”Boot from CDROM”. I get the following error-message:

Qube-Status: windows 10: Domain windows-10 has failed to start: Cannot connect to qrexec agent for 60 seconds, see /var/log/xen/console/guest-windows-10.log for details.

Has anyone an idea how to solve this? All help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Knut von Walter

Qubes

Oct 5, 2020, 4:38:59 AM10/5/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 10/5/20 10:21 AM, Knut von Walter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> at the moment I am trying to install Windows 10 following this
> instruction, link: _https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-vm/_. However
> Windows is not booting. After clicking on ”Boot from CDROM”. I get the
> following error-message:
>
> Qube-Status: windows 10: Domain windows-10 has failed to start: Cannot
> connect to qrexec agent for 60 seconds, see
> /var/log/xen/console/guest-windows-10.log for details.
>
> Has anyone an idea how to solve this? All help is appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best Knut von Walter

How much memory do you have assigned to the VM?

awokd

Oct 5, 2020, 10:04:31 AM10/5/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Qubes:
Also recommend using
https://github.com/elliotkillick/qvm-create-windows-qube if you aren't,
just pay attention to the Windows 10 note. There's a mandatory manual
step at the end.

--
- don't top post
- trim quoted reply to only relevant portions

Oct 14, 2020, 8:34:53 AM10/14/20
to qubes-users
Try to follow my guide in my last post here: https://groups.google.com/g/qubes-users/c/78DgmWxZf80