Audio Recording

solworth...@gtempaccount.com

Apr 4, 2019, 9:58:27 AM4/4/19
to qubes-users
I want to record lectures, both audio and slides. I've installed open broadcast software, and it works well if the microphone is working.

I haven't gotten the microphone to work reliably in Qubes 4.0. My question is:

1. What are the steps to make the microphone work and attach it to a app-vm?
2. Is this scriptable?

I have a thinkpad t580 and I'm using i3wm.

thanks,
Jon

awokd

Apr 4, 2019, 2:58:55 PM4/4/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
solworth%uic.edu via qubes-users wrote on 4/4/19 1:58 PM:
All you should have to do is use the Device Widget (with a yellow
square) to connect the dom0:mic to an AppVM.

solworth...@gtempaccount.com

Apr 5, 2019, 6:11:47 PM4/5/19
to qubes-users
Excellent! I guess I had been jamming it with ALSA or pulseaudio. Its working now.

So how does one write command line code to change the volume (I want to define
a i3 key)?

thanks,
Jon