service VMs not auto starting

simon....@gmail.com

May 11, 2019, 8:47:05 AM5/11/19
to qubes-users
Ive not had this problem on any other machine I run qubes on, and its a bit perplexing

service VMs will not start automatically during the boot process. systemctl status returns "libxenlight failed to create new domain"

libxl-driver.log shows "domcreate_attached_devices: unable to add PCI devices" and "Backend /local/domain/0/backend/pci/X/0 not ready" as well asl "/dev/loop0 no such device or address"

I thought maybe some IOMMU issue, but xl dmesg reports that the IOMMU is inited correctly.

I found I could not manually start any qube from the command line. While trying to figure it out, i notied xl list showed dom0 had all the avialable RAM allocated to it. So I did xl mem-set 0 1536

at this point, systemctl will happily start all service qubes. no problem whatsoever. So its something to do with dom0 and handing out ram.

the boot command line contains dom0_mem=min:1024M and dom0_mem=max:1536M but these are seemingly ignored.

Any suggestions?

simon....@gmail.com

May 11, 2019, 8:52:55 AM5/11/19
to qubes-users

annnnnd just when you post up asking for help, you find the solution. Its a heads issue, and the branch im using is a 4.9 branch without the fix in it.

https://github.com/osresearch/heads/issues/536