ALL VMs are not working -- qmemman

Aly Abdellatif

Jan 26, 2019, 8:49:54 AM1/26/19
to qubes-users
When I rebooted Qubes OS after installing i3. All VMs are not working(xfce or i3) with the error

:Domain <VM>t has failed to start :Failed to connect to qmemman:[Errno 2] No such file or directory

with journalctl -xe ; I have this error : Failed to start Qubes memory management daemon

systemctl start qubes-qmemman.service is not working with the error :

Job for qubes-qmemman.service failed because the control process exited with error code

Same with systemctl restart qubes-qmemman.service

And with ystemctl status qubes-qmemman.service : I have the same error with the on in journalctl -xe

Failed to start Qubes memory management daemon

PS: I only edited the conf file in i3(everything was working) and I added in /etc/systemd/system/ a file that call i3lock when suspending(this is when I rebooted). I also deleted this file after having the error above but without success.

Thanks in advance
Aly Abdellatif

Aly Abdellatif

Jan 26, 2019, 8:57:59 AM1/26/19
to qubes-users

output of systemctl status qubes-qmemman.service

IMG_1671.jpg

Nick Darren

Jan 26, 2019, 9:31:58 AM1/26/19
to qubes-users

I have the same exact problems after booting qubes.

Before that I was upgrading these packages on dom0 before qubes-qmemman.service issue failed to start:

qubes-mgmt-salt-dom0-update-4.0.5-1.fc25.noarch
qubes-desktop-linux-manager-4.0.14-1.fc25.noarch
qubes-manager-4.0.26-1.fc25.noarch

@marek do you have any idea on this?

Lorenzo Lamas

Jan 26, 2019, 12:04:11 PM1/26/19
to qubes-users
I also had this error after installing these packages from Dom0 Security-Testing repo.
I posted about it in the QSB #46 thread, but havent got a reply there.
Fortunately, with help of someone else I was able to fix it:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/5D8AxG3jtdw/CqyWjGEiGgAJ

Nick Darren

Jan 26, 2019, 3:04:03 PM1/26/19
to qubes-users

Thank you Lorenzo, that's indeed an issues with that and now everything is working back as usual. I nearly boot onto live-cd and revert those packages, back to the old version but your mail really saves us this time!

Aly Abdellatif

Jan 26, 2019, 3:29:25 PM1/26/19
to qubes-users
This also worked for me .