Qubes OS and latest hardware (8700K)

Chris

Dec 14, 2017, 8:19:02 AM12/14/17
to qubes-users
Hi,

will Qubes OS 3.2 work with the 8700K desktop CPU that was just released? I've heard conflicting reports. If not, will 4.0 support it? I read that you need Kernel 4.12 (I believe) but even Qubes 4.0 seems to be stuck with 4.8...

Is this just a matter of "perfect" support or are they talking about not even running on 8700K with a lower kernel version?

The same question popped up for the new DELL XPS, which runs then 8th gen mobile CPUs. I guess the support question is similar here?!

Thanks!

vuojo...@googlemail.com

Dec 27, 2017, 3:37:17 AM12/27/17
to qubes-users

I tried to install 4.0 RC3 on my desktop with 8700K. After the installation the boot failed before even asking LUKS password.

cooloutac

Dec 27, 2017, 9:50:05 PM12/27/17
to qubes-users

what was error message?