NetworkManager disconnecting WiFi upon dom0 update, also disconnects every 2-5min

anoa

Dec 30, 2016, 5:20:18 PM12/30/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've been dealing with a rather frustrating problem lately. Since the
past week or so, my sys-net VM which is based on Fedora-24 has been
disconnecting from WiFi every 2-5min. I'm not entirely sure what causes
it but I've now found a way to reproduce it reliably.

Whenever I update dom0 with `sudo qubes-dom0-update`, the WiFi on the
sys-net nm-applet immediately shows that it's been disconnected, even
though the update itself is running on sys-firewall. After switching
sys-firewall to debian-8 and running the update I get the same issue. I
cannot seem to find the correct driver for my WiFi card on debian (Intel
Corporation Wireless 7260 rev bb), so switching that VM to debian is not
an option.

Here are the relevant journalctl and dmesg outputs for both sys-net and
sys-firewall:

journalctl
sys-firewall: http://ix.io/1OJO
sys-net: http://ix.io/1OJP

dmesg
sys-firewall: http://ix.io/1OJR
sys-net: http://ix.io/1OJQ

Any ideas why the update in dom0 may be causing sys-net to lose
connection, or it losing connection every 2-5 minutes?

Thanks
anoa

raah...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2017, 7:47:44 PM1/4/17
to qubes-users, an...@openmailbox.org

maybe you should try a diff kernel? Have you tried deleting the sys-net and sys-firewall and recreating them?