Issues after in-place 3.1.17 -> 3.2 upgrade

Richard

Nov 6, 2016, 12:24:55 PM11/6/16
to qubes-users
I just finished doing an in-place upgrade to 3.2 following https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/upgrade-to-r3.2/

However, I ran into a problem when I reached step "6. Update configuration files."

The system will not allow me to open Konsole (I can open run command, choose Konsole and nothing happens).

Also, now whenever I open Qubes VM Manager I receive the following message:

libvirtError: internal error: client socket is closed

line: if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainlsActive() failed', dom=self)
func: isActive
line no.: 1338
file: /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py
---
line: if libvirt_domain.isActive()
func: get_power_state
line no.: 876
file: /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/qubes/modules/000QubesVm.py

and soforth.

The only VMs that are running are sys-firewall and sys-net. I've tried to shut down the firewall from the Qubes VM Manager and receive the following message:

AssertionError:
line: assert vm.is_running()
func: action_shutdownvm_triggered
line no: 1261
file: /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/qubesmanager/main.py

I've tried to restart and shutdown my system and that is also not possible...nothing happens when I click on shutdown or restart.

I should be grateful if anyone can provide me the steps I need to do to continue upgrading my system.

Thanks,
Richard

Richard

Nov 6, 2016, 2:44:25 PM11/6/16
to qubes-users

Update:
I was able to open Konsole and complete step 6

I also used 'qvm-shutdown -all' to shutdown all VMs.

However, I noticed that the Qubes VM Manager is not reflecting the changes (i.e. it is still showing VMs running), even after I close and reopen it.

I was going to use the 'shutdown now' command, but wanted to check if there is anything I should be doing, before I shutdown, to fix the above errors.

Thanks.

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Nov 6, 2016, 3:07:38 PM11/6/16
to Richard, qubes-users