*.mov-Files with Intel-Grafic?

evo

Mar 18, 2017, 10:47:22 AM3/18/17
to qubes-users
Hi!

i tried to play mov-files on debian-8 template (with VLC) and it works
rather good, but just if i make a little window. If i go fullscreen it
doesn't work good at all.

is it a problem of RAM or grafic-card? (i have 16GB RAM, but maby i
should give more to this VM) Initial memory is 2000 and max 4000.

or is it a problem of grafic-card. i have 2 of them, intel and nvidia
K1000M. As i understood, i can not really use nvidia on qubes.

can you play full-hd mov-files in qube-VMs?

Unman

Mar 18, 2017, 12:18:12 PM3/18/17
to evo, qubes-users
Yes is the answer, but I warrant it depends on your graphics and
available memory, as you guess.
You may find that you can resize the window to (almost) full screen
without introducing choppiness, and that this works better than using
the "full screen" mode. That's my experience.
It's undoubtedly worth playing around to see what works best for you.

unman

evo

Mar 18, 2017, 1:01:44 PM3/18/17
to Unman, qubes-users
hmmm... ok... what is about the nvidia-doc on the qubes page?
is it non realistic?

Unman

Mar 19, 2017, 6:14:11 PM3/19/17
to evo, qubes-users
It's been a while since I looked at that - at one time I had nvidia
support on a laptop. From what I see on the lists it's difficult and may
not work depending on what card you have.

evo

Mar 20, 2017, 3:40:42 AM3/20/17
to Unman, qubes-users
hmm... ok.. pitty. So, no grafic power on qubes. It makes big problems
for somebody who does video cutting, CAD and so on.