No space left on device when unpacking Android Studio files

Richard H

Aug 11, 2015, 7:58:49 PM8/11/15
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to download Android Studio components (using Android Studio Setup Wizard) to a Fedora template in Qubes 3.0 rc2 and it only successfully unpacks the first file and then starts providing me with  "Cannot write: No space left on device" errors.

I cannot figure this out because the downloader shows that it will require 1G of space and that I have 14G of data free (I have kept increasing the Private storage to over 16GB).  I have also increased the Max memory to 5GB.

Any ideas why I am receiving this message and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,
Richard

Frank

Aug 12, 2015, 2:32:01 AM8/12/15
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard!

The Installation possibly uses  /tmp which is mounted as tmpfs in memory with a few hundred MB.

Either make sure there is the required space available or get the installation to use /home/user/tmp (after creating it naturally). If that is an option.

Regards, Frank

Thanks,
Richard

raf...@elitemail.org

Aug 13, 2015, 10:02:44 PM8/13/15
to Frank, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 08/11/2015 11:31 PM, Frank wrote:

> On 12.08.2015, at 01:58, Richard H osmailings-at-gmail.com
> <http://osmailings-at-gmail.com> |qubes-mailing-list/Example Allow|
> <b4qjd...@sneakemail.com <mailto:b4qjd...@sneakemail.com>> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to download Android Studio components (using Android
>> Studio Setup Wizard) to a Fedora template in Qubes 3.0 rc2 and it
>> only successfully unpacks the first file and then starts providing me
>> with "Cannot write: No space left on device" errors.
>>
>> I cannot figure this out because the downloader shows that it will
>> require 1G of space and that I have 14G of data free (I have kept
>> increasing the Private storage to over 16GB). I have also increased
>> the Max memory to 5GB.
>>
>> Any ideas why I am receiving this message and what I can do to fix it
>
> Hi Richard!
>
> The Installation possibly uses /tmp which is mounted as tmpfs in
> memory with a few hundred MB.
>
> Either make sure there is the required space available or get the
> installation to use /home/user/tmp (after creating it naturally). If
> that is an option.
>
> Regards, Frank

You could also run 'sudo mount -o remount,size=1024M /tmp' from that
running template, adjusting size as needed.

Richard H

Aug 13, 2015, 10:10:56 PM8/13/15
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, Frank, raf...@elitemail.org

--

Thanks to both of you, the tmp file was the issue and running 'sudo mount -o remount,size=1024M /tmp' allowed the Setup Wizard to run properly.

Richard

lallenf...@gmail.com

May 5, 2018, 12:56:33 PM5/5/18
to qubes-users
Another solution would be to use TMPDIR.

Use when launching from command line "TMPDIR=pathtouseastmp(can be a folder) studio.sh"