USB over IP (Network Gateway)

equ...@icloud.com

Oct 12, 2016, 8:16:32 PM10/12/16
to qubes-users
Very interested to know if any reason why a USB network gateway software would not work in Qubes?

For anyone interested, a USB network gateway provides USB functionality to a client over IP. USB network gate by Eltima has Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and android client applications (http://www.eltima.com/products/usb-over-ip-linux/).

I want to make the switch to Qubes. I have a VPS (Mac Pro) that I will access through a client (e.g. RDP) on Qubes laptop. I need to be able to sync & backup my iPod touch remotely.

Any ideas as to whether this will work? Anyone interested in checking it out please post feedback.

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)

Oct 13, 2016, 9:58:46 AM10/13/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
The USBIP client ought to work fine on any AppVM. It's just hard to set
up. And, of course, it sends plaintext USB URB packets over the
network, which isn't very good for security, but you could technically
wrap that over an SSH tunnel, or a curvetls
(https://github.com/Rudd-O/curvetls) tunnel.

--
Rudd-O
http://rudd-o.com/

doris...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2016, 4:15:25 AM10/17/16
to qubes-users, equ...@icloud.com
Hi! I am Doris from Eltima Software.
Did you try to use it on Qubes? What exact issues appeared?
You may send me your logs on doris...@eltima.com and our team will try to solve the appeared issue.

Regards,
Doris.