my dom0 is not updating since before 4.01

Sergio Matta

Jan 6, 2019, 8:32:45 AM1/6/19
to qubes-users
I think I have a problem with yum file configuration. Fedora 25 looks like ok but Qubes never finds data:

Fedora 25 - x86_64 - Updates 1.0 MB/s | 24 MB 00:24
Fedora 25 - x86_64 2.0 MB/s | 50 MB 00:25
Qubes Dom0 Repository (updates) 86 B/s | 169 B 00:01
Qubes Community Templates repository 84 B/s | 169 B 00:02
Qubes Templates repository 116 B/s | 169 B 00:01
Qubes Templates repository 116 B/s | 169 B 00:01
Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'qubes-dom0-current', ignoring this repo.
Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'qubes-templates-sommunity', ignoring this
repo.
Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'qubes-templates-itl', ignoring this repo.
Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'qubes-templates-itl-testing', ignoring this repo.
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:09 ago on Sun Jan 6 10:12:44 2019.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!
No packages downloaded

simon....@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2019, 10:25:17 AM1/6/19
to qubes-users

Sergio Matta

Jan 6, 2019, 10:48:00 PM1/6/19
to qubes-users

Thank you Simon but it is not the protocol. I already had tried. I changed the qubes-dom0.repo with the rpmnew too. It looks like url error but I checked the url with firefox and it is ok.
Now, I had a idea to change the r$releasever variable with the string v4.0 and it works! But there is something wrong in my Qubes. Why there is no $releasever variable? I think I need another fresh installation!
Thank you to make me think!

Ivan Mitev

Jan 7, 2019, 5:16:06 AM1/7/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
The OP in the ML post below had the same issue:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/Whaa_OR6j6U/B4vwzYSqBgAJ

It's rather old though, not sure you have the same problem

unman

Jan 7, 2019, 7:42:25 AM1/7/19
to qubes-users
There's no need to reinstall, which wont solve your problem.
This is a known issue that has been covered on the list before, and
relates to your choice of updateVM. Try passing in --releasever=4.0 as
option in qubes-dom0-update.
There is a fix in testing, I think. maybe already reached stable, but as
you cant update that's not relevant to you. (Although you could manually
download it, copy it to dom0, check signature in dom0 with rpm -K, and
then install.)

Sergio Matta

Jan 7, 2019, 9:06:21 AM1/7/19
to qubes-users

Thank you Unman. You save me lot of time with reinstalling and reconfiguring a fresh install!

unman

Jan 7, 2019, 10:04:49 AM1/7/19
to qubes-users
Glad I caught you in time.

code9n

Dec 8, 2019, 2:36:08 PM12/8/19
to qubes-users
Having this same (old now) problem.

Tried adding --releasever=4.0 to sudo qubes-dom0-update and I get most of the update to download but not all of it.

Unman suggested :  "you could manually
download it, copy it to dom0, check signature in dom0 with rpm -K, and
then install."

Which apparently worked but how do I go about that?  What package am I looking for and where do I look for it?  If you could suggest commands to be used that'd be great?  Thanks.