HP ProBook 450 G4 - Installation does not start

fuehrer....@gmail.com

May 11, 2017, 4:51:39 AM5/11/17
to qubes-users
Hi!
Trying to install QUBES R3.2 on my HP ProBook 450 G4 but it installation will not start.
In BIOS i activated "Legacy Support Enable and Secure Boot Disable" and disabled "MS UEFI CA key" to be possible to start from DVD. I enabled VTx and VTd.
When i choose "Install Qubes R3.2" the following text appears for 1/4 second:

/EndEntire
file path: /ACPI(a0341d0,0)/PCI(0,17)/Sata(1,0,0)/File(\EFI\BOOT)/File(xen.efi)/EndEntire

Then it got back to the install menu. Same results with USB media.

The Notebook is brand new and not initialised (with Win10). This is how the SSD is partintioned:

Name FSTYPE SIZE MOUNTPOINT LABEL
---- ------ ------ ---------------------- ------------------
sda1 vfat 360M System
sda2 128M
sda3 ntfs 217.9G Windows
sda4 ntfs 980M Windows RE tools
sda5 ntfs 17.1G Recovery Image
sda6 vfat 2G /media/ubuntu/HP_TOOLS HP_TOOLS

I want to install to sda3.

Any idea what is wrong?

Wolfgang

bouabid....@gmail.com

May 15, 2017, 11:44:11 AM5/15/17
to qubes-users, fuehrer....@gmail.com
Hi,

I would like to report the same issue with my new Laptop, an HP Notebook 15-ac108nk

Is there any solution to this problem

Best Regards

Message has been deleted