How to enlarge the size of hvm?

jaki...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2017, 3:42:58 PM6/30/17
to qubes-users
I just installed Windows 7pro but can't find how to resize the VM to something larger. Can someone link me the info for that?

0spin...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2017, 4:47:21 PM6/30/17
to qubes-users, jaki...@gmail.com
On Friday, June 30, 2017 at 9:42:58 PM UTC+2, jaki...@gmail.com wrote:
> I just installed Windows 7pro but can't find how to resize the VM to something larger. Can someone link me the info for that?

Enlarge in the Qubes Manager, then open Computer Management inside the VM and expand the partition to match the new size.

jaki...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2017, 6:13:31 PM6/30/17
to qubes-users
Where in Qubes manager is the hvm size displayed?

0spin...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2017, 2:28:43 AM7/1/17
On Saturday, July 1, 2017 at 12:13:31 AM UTC+2, jaki...@gmail.com wrote:
> Where in Qubes manager is the hvm size displayed?

... Right-click the entry in the Manager, then choose settings. Increase to desired size.

jaki...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2017, 3:13:40 AM7/1/17
to qubes-users
Guess I didn't make myself clear. I meant the size of the display itself not the size of storage.

In Qubes manager I only see the disk storage, and memory CPU. I'm not seeing any settings in relation to the display.

Inside the vm in display settings my resolution is at max option of 1024x68.

0spin...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2017, 6:09:00 AM7/1/17
to qubes-users, jaki...@gmail.com

I see. No, that is something that just follows from the screen size for me (with seamless mode disabled). E.g. when I tell it to use the left side of the screen, the Qubes Video Driver changes the resolution on the fly. Did you install the Qubes Windows tools?

jaki...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2017, 8:33:22 AM7/1/17
to qubes-users
Yes I got my windows hvm to full-size with the Windows tools. Now I'm trying to see if I change the one for Kali at all instead of such a small screen.