GUI Daemon error with new fedora-24-minimal template

Vincent Adultman

Nov 29, 2016, 10:56:57 AM11/29/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Qubes 3.1

Have downloaded the new qubes-template- fedora-24-minimal however on starting it the following message is received

"Dom0 GUI daemon do not support protocol version 1:1 requested by VM. To update Dom0..." etc

Does the template require a version of gui currently only in testing repo? I'd have imagined yum would have warned me if so.

Thanks

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Nov 29, 2016, 11:07:10 AM11/29/16
to Vincent Adultman, qubes...@googlegroups.com

Vincent Adultman

Nov 29, 2016, 11:14:27 AM11/29/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

It looks like template uploaded to 3.1 repository was built for Qubes
3.2, so this is why it's incompatible. I've just removed this faulty
template, building new one - will be ready in few hours.

- --
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
Invisible Things Lab
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Whoops. Thanks Marek. Will uninstall it and wait a bit then. Seems like I'm an oddball still using 3.1 and fedora-minimal if I'm the first to run into it!

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Nov 29, 2016, 6:34:49 PM11/29/16
to Vincent Adultman, qubes...@googlegroups.com