Manual adjustments to AppVMs in Qubes 4.0: Here add a new partition volume

Tim Wolf

May 16, 2018, 4:15:44 AM5/16/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello all!

I know there is a way to manually create a new volume in dom0 and create
new entries for this volume in the XEN configuration file for the VM it
should be added. After starting the VM I can configure the partitions
and filesystems on that new volume.

Is there anything, I have to consider for not disorganizing the Qubes OS
infrastructure?

Thanks in advance!

Tim

awokd

May 17, 2018, 8:03:21 AM5/17/18
to Tim Wolf, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Only thing I can see is if you try to do VM operations like qvm-clone or
qvm-remove, you might have to manually clean up the additional volume.