R4.0.1: Various tray icons transparent/invisible (nm-applet, etc.) in KDE

30 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

peter.p...@gmail.com

no leída,
8 may 2019, 6:37:45 a.m.8/5/2019
para qubes-users
A recurring topic since R3.2 and not yet solved:

Some tray icons (in my case nm-applet and evolution-alarm-notify) are transparent (or invisible) in KDE. Hovering over or clicking them works.

They are, however, visible in XFCE, but i can not use that due to 4K display issues (KDE does that much better unfortunately).

Thanks for any recommendation!

Chris Laprise

no leída,
8 may 2019, 8:42:38 a.m.8/5/2019
para peter.p...@gmail.com,qubes-users
KDE does a lot a things better than XFCE. The three big issues for me
were multi-monitor handling, screensaver behavior and color correction;
plus about four more that are also important.

The tray icon issue is not really Qubes-specific and appears to be
caused by apps using a particularly old 'appindicator' library in a
particular way. Last year I created some tests to reproduce the problem
from python, but there was no obvious workaround for users to change the
behavior of existing apps.

Various troubleshooting threads around the net usually assume that KDE
is installed with 'plasma-nm' widget, but my tests with a Qubes template
running KDE show the problem still exists.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket