About Qubes 4

fer...@openmailbox.org

Nov 8, 2017, 11:14:23 AM11/8/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
In Qubes website you said that is best to use Qubes 3.2 for daily use.
This is just because there are probably data loss due to bug? Or is for security reason?

Since I always backup and mostly I surf the web I just don't care about data loss.
But I like to have more secure due to better virtualization.
So, I'm asking.. This advice is related also to security or only production data?

For a security point of view is safe to use Qubes 4?

Thanks you a lot.

Jon Solworth

Nov 8, 2017, 4:29:12 PM11/8/17
to qubes-users

Qubes 4rc2 works pretty well, but its not quite there yet (hence the rc3 schedule). I wouldn't expect data loss to be a low probability event.

If it is not ready for general use, than I would not want to rely on its security.

blacklight

Nov 9, 2017, 6:31:25 AM11/9/17
to qubes-users

from my experience, i can say that stability is alot of times more effective than having the bleeding edge.