installer 3.2 bugs

Drew White

Jul 14, 2016, 6:56:32 PM7/14/16
to qubes-users
installer bug.. picture
20160714_194430.jpg

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Jul 14, 2016, 7:22:03 PM7/14/16
to Drew White, qubes-users

Drew White

Jul 14, 2016, 7:28:46 PM7/14/16
to qubes-users, drew....@gmail.com

Iestyn Best

Jul 14, 2016, 9:19:56 PM7/14/16
to qubes-users
@Marek please correct me if I am wrong but I believe that all standard templates (ie. fedora, debian and whonix) are installed even if you select the option "do not configure anything", it just should not create any appVMs.

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Jul 14, 2016, 9:34:24 PM7/14/16
to Iestyn Best, qubes-users

Drew White

Jul 16, 2016, 1:22:54 AM7/16/16
to qubes-users, vfre...@gmail.com
On Friday, 15 July 2016 11:34:24 UTC+10, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 06:19:56PM -0700, Iestyn Best wrote:
> > @Marek please correct me if I am wrong but I believe that all standard templates (ie. fedora, debian and whonix) are installed even if you select the option "do not configure anything", it just should not create any appVMs.
> Yes.
> Template configuration about which Drew is talking is basically getting
> list of installed applications and their icons, so when you create
> VMs, you will get entries in the menu.

Is that all that happens when it says it's configuring the templates?
If that is all that it is doing, why does it take so long? (just a query)

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Jul 16, 2016, 6:38:33 AM7/16/16
to Drew White, qubes-users, vfre...@gmail.com

Drew White

Jul 19, 2016, 8:45:00 AM7/19/16
to qubes-users, drew....@gmail.com, vfre...@gmail.com
On Saturday, 16 July 2016 20:38:33 UTC+10, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 10:22:53PM -0700, Drew White wrote:
> > > Yes.
> > > Template configuration about which Drew is talking is basically getting
> > > list of installed applications and their icons, so when you create
> > > VMs, you will get entries in the menu.
> >
> > Is that all that happens when it says it's configuring the templates?
>
> Yes.
>
> > If that is all that it is doing, why does it take so long? (just a query)
>
> Because it needs to start the template, download all the icons, color
> them to VM label etc.

I always thought it did more than that. The 3.1 installer has the same issue though. However, if I tell it to do NOTHING, and actually check that box and click next, it still tries to set up the firewall.

Peter M

Jul 30, 2016, 2:55:11 PM7/30/16
to qubes-users
On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 4:56:32 PM UTC-6, Drew White wrote:
> installer bug.. picture

I am having a similar issue but in this case I check to configure sys-net, sys-firewall and default application qubes but I get the same error you observed.

Then when I go to the system it has nothing except dom0 and the VM templates. no sys-net, sys-firewall and default application qubes.

Andrew David Wong

Jul 30, 2016, 6:50:25 PM7/30/16
to Peter M, qubes-users

Drew White

Aug 2, 2016, 9:56:48 PM8/2/16
to qubes-users, pjm...@gmail.com

I see so much in that issue tracking that it makes no sense.
It's only a couple of lines of code that need to be fixed in the installer as far as I can tell. So I guess maybe I just don't understand it.