AMO Mozilla Updates - Which IPs?

Robert Mittendorf

Oct 17, 2016, 4:05:48 AM10/17/16
to qubes-users
Hey folks,

maybe someone did solve my problem before.

I want to allow Thunderbird in MailVM to update extensions. That is easy
for non-AMO[1] extensions, but AMO uses a lot of IPs for load-balancing,
availability and performance. Any idea of how to allow AMO-based
extension updates?

[1]AMO is addons.mozilla.org, the official "repository" for extensions
of Mozilla products

The URLs are

https://versioncheck.addons.mozilla.org/update/
https://versioncheck-bg.addons.mozilla.org/update/

A quick check of DNS for IPs resolves to:

DNS propagation results for versioncheck.addons.mozilla.org
==============

Expected value (discovered direct from the root servers):
52.10.239.169

Location Lookup Result Status
Atlanta, USA 54.187.193.33
Falkenstein, Germany 52.24.177.214
Hong Kong, China 54.187.193.33
Johannesburg, South Africa 54.68.227.204
Las Vegas, USA 50.112.138.61
London, UK 52.24.192.1
Los Angeles, USA 50.112.138.61
Milan, Italy 54.68.227.204