Booting install on mac

oba...@gmail.com

May 21, 2017, 6:57:02 AM5/21/17
to qubes-users
Hello,

I'm trying to boot the Qubes 3.2 install media on a macbook pro retina (10.1) with mac OS 10.12.5

The grub menu shows up, extremely slow. But when I select "Install Qubes 3.2", the system won't boot and goes back to the main menu. Same thing with the verbose option.

I've tried the workarounds mentioned here : https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/uefi-troubleshooting/ and here : https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/macbook-troubleshooting/

But no luck, mainly because I can't boot in edit mode when I press Ctrl-x, it simply types "x" instead of booting.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

O.

oba...@gmail.com

May 21, 2017, 4:51:02 PM5/21/17
to qubes-users, oba...@gmail.com
Well, I found a workaround. To boot the install media, use refind. But refind can't boot Qubes 3.2. So delete refind and boot via EFI and it works.