How To Fix Libvirt Internal Error

Person

Nov 16, 2017, 9:18:00 PM11/16/17
to qubes-users
Whenever I try to attach an ISO to a VM, I receive an error: “internal error: libxenlight failed to create new domain”.

I have tried running different commands on Qubes. Disabling AppArmor doesn’t work, and starting xendriverdomain.service doesn’t work, because it’s not even installed. Some suggest getting xen-hvm-stubdom-linux (or they call it vmm-xen-stubdom-linux), but I don’t even know how to get it. I’ve tried downgrading libvirt, but all my packages are already at the lowest possible level.

Person

Nov 16, 2017, 9:19:08 PM11/16/17
to qubes-users
Should I update libvirt, install new drivers, or reinstall the hypervisor?

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Nov 17, 2017, 2:15:53 PM11/17/17
to Person, qubes-users

Person

Nov 17, 2017, 10:04:20 PM11/17/17
to qubes-users
First of all - which Qubes version?
I run Qubes 3.2.

Where is the ISO you want to attach - in dom0, or in some other VM?

I put the ISO in another VM, sys-net.

I took a look at /var/log/libvirt/libxl/libxl-driver.log for some details.
The log looked like this:
https://imgur.com/a/rK9Bq

Person

Nov 18, 2017, 9:49:07 PM11/18/17
to qubes-users
Apparently the log is the same for every different ISO I try.

Person

Nov 20, 2017, 5:23:02 PM11/20/17
to qubes-users
What does the text in the error log mean?