funny "bug"

haaber

Mar 7, 2018, 3:25:45 PM3/7/18
to qubes-users
on my Q4rc5 install I get the little black notification "Domain .. is
halting" when I actually start it. I guess this is just a copy-paste
thing inside a script ... cheees, Bernhard

Chris Laprise

Mar 8, 2018, 4:23:28 PM3/8/18
to haaber, qubes-users
This appeared on my system also at the same time this issue started
affecting me:

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket
https://twitter.com/ttaskett
PGP: BEE2 20C5 356E 764A 73EB 4AB3 1DC4 D106 F07F 1886

Yuraeitha

Mar 8, 2018, 4:32:18 PM3/8/18
to qubes-users
@Bernhard

Did you make a fresh install or was it an upgrade from a previous RC-x version? This might help solve the issue, or quicker narrow it down.

Unman

Mar 8, 2018, 4:44:36 PM3/8/18
to Yuraeitha, qubes-users
I can confirm this can be seen on a clean install rc5 - not for every qube, but on
occasion. I cant see any consistency in it.
I've raised an issue at github.

Yuraeitha

Mar 8, 2018, 5:13:40 PM3/8/18
to qubes-users

ah, this is good to have confirmed, then at least it isn't the upgrade being the issue.

btw it might have become a duplicate issue? If following the link in Chris's post up above.

haaber

Mar 8, 2018, 5:37:36 PM3/8/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I upgraded form Q4.rc2 on to rc3, rc4, rc5. If Unman sees it on clean
rc5, it is not an artefact of old installs. In any case it is more or
less just funny, since I am not aware of any negative effect. Bernhard

Yuraeitha

Mar 8, 2018, 5:55:23 PM3/8/18
to qubes-users

I can second that, I also don't feel any performance/behavior issues at all from it. Well except perhaps shutting down the VM's in question, which can't be done like normal without opening the dom0 terminal and write qvm-shutdown appVM-name. I highly suspect just killing the AppVM might lead to data corruption.