Qubes on Intel NUC8i7hvk

m...@militant.dk

Aug 3, 2019, 4:30:11 PM8/3/19
to qubes-users
Hi,

I'm contemplating purchasing the Intel NUC8i7HVK pc, as a replacement for my laptop. Before doing so, I would like to know of anyone attempting to do this, installing and running Qubes 4.x succes or failure. The HCL is scarce on NUC's, and the latest is not there. I'm also interested in knowing if anyone has tried Intel Optane in this type of configuration also. I've read the https://www.krisconstable.com/qubesos-on-an-intel-nuc/ which seems like a small hassle I'm willing to accept.

Sincerely
Max

gal...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2019, 5:00:25 AM8/5/19
to qubes-users
I'm running qubes on a NUC8i7beh with a nvme sdd, not optane and it all seems to work.

I had to change some bios settings as the fans were kicking in a lot but other than that it was an easy install. I didn't need any special drivers.

rickey

Jan 7, 2020, 9:27:17 AM1/7/20
to qubes-users
Good morning,

Any luck with the installation?
I have the same machine, and am planning to install the recent Qubes version.

Thank you, and Best Regards,

Rickey