i2p AppVM

cubit

May 25, 2016, 2:24:41 PM5/25/16
to Qubes Users
Hello

Are there any i2p users on the list, I would be interested in hearing how you are setting up your AppVMs to best keep this traffic as secure as possible.

Iestyn Best

May 25, 2016, 8:23:39 PM5/25/16
to qubes-users, cu...@tutanota.com
Hi,

I am not sure if many people here have started using that service.

Sounds like you may need to set it up as a ProxyVM similar to the way people setup a TorVM (https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/torvm/). This would be the location in which you would install the I2P software to enable the appropriate network access.

You probably then need to setup a separate AppVM that is configured to us the proxyVM. This is where your browser or other software would be configured to use the ProxyVM to access the I2P network.

This is just my interpretation of what may be required but I have not tested.

If you do work something out, it would be good if you can share for people in the future to have a starting point that has been tested.

Regards,
Iestyn Best

Chris Laprise

May 26, 2016, 5:02:33 PM5/26/16
to cubit, Qubes Users
> --

The i2p router is super simple and automatic, esp. if you're using
straight i2p to the Internet. Its been a while, but I recall both proxy
and app vms were usable with i2p. The biggest safety concern about i2p
in general is probably browser customization... they needed an analogue
to torbrowser and I don't know if they have one yet.

Chris