qubes-u2f not installing on templates

digital...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2018, 8:24:45 AM9/17/18
to qubes-users

https://www.qubes-os.org/news/2018/09/11/qubes-u2f-proxy/

Wojtek shared this on 9/11/18.

Following the instructions, I'm not able to install qubes-u2f on either my debian or fedora templates. Anyone else have similar issues?

Message has been deleted

digital...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2018, 8:36:21 AM9/17/18
to qubes-users

to clarify, the package manager doesn't find the named package on either distro.

I ran the qubes global updater in dom0 and it still didn't work.

BTW, I'm relatively new to qubes. I loaded it on a relatively new laptop and have been slowly acclimating over the last 3 months or so.

Ivan Mitev

Sep 17, 2018, 9:12:04 AM9/17/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

On 9/17/18 3:32 PM, digital...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, September 17, 2018 at 6:24:45 AM UTC-6, digital...@gmail.com wrote:
The packages are still in the current-testing repositories, and you
likely didn't enable them.

> to clarify, the package manager doesn't find the named package on either distro.
I don't use the graphical package manager so no idea how to enable
current-testing there, but if you use a terminal it's pretty
straightforward:

For dom0:

sudo qubes-dom0-update \
--enablerepo=qubes-dom0-current-testing qubes-u2f-dom0

And for a fedora (template)VM:

sudo dnf --enablerepo=qubes-vm-r4.0-current-testing install \
qubes-u2f

There should be something similar for debian's apt-get

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Sep 18, 2018, 9:15:51 AM9/18/18
to Ivan Mitev, qubes...@googlegroups.com

paige...@riseup.net

Sep 26, 2018, 3:48:18 PM9/26/18
to qubes-users

> All u2f-related packages area already in stable repository (since
> yesterday), so the above is not needed anymore.

When I run `sudo apt install qubes-u2f` in my Debian template or `sudo dnf install qubes-u2f` in my Fedora template, I get errors about not being able to locate or match the package.

I was able to install the dom0 package.

I'm using Qubes v3.2

John S.Recdep

Oct 2, 2018, 1:39:52 PM10/2/18