Best pratice for crypto-currency wallets?

anguil...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2017, 7:14:01 PM8/21/17
to qubes-users
I'd like to use Qubes for my crypto-currency wallets.

I'm thinking a vm for running Exodus wallet so I can manage my multiple currencies in one wallet.

I also want a cold storage Ethereum wallet.

What is the generally accepted best practice far as how to create/configure vms for an online wallet and an offline wallet?

Thanks!

Franz

Aug 21, 2017, 11:33:32 PM8/21/17
to anguil...@gmail.com, qubes-users
Anguilla

A tutorial for Electrum is here https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/split-bitcoin/

In general you need a wallet able to produce a transaction file not completely signed and also able to import the same file. Not all wallets are able to do that. Then you install you wallet in the template from which two different VMs depend: one for connecting to the network and the other offline for signing the imported file.

For moving the file between the two VMs you use Qubes secure file transfer system.

Dave C

Apr 7, 2018, 11:08:15 AM4/7/18
to qubes-users
On Monday, August 21, 2017 at 8:33:32 PM UTC-7, Francesco wrote:
> Anguilla
>

> On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 8:14 PM, <anguil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to use Qubes for my crypto-currency wallets.

I scratched my own itch and made a qubes-friendly tool for XRP transactions. I'd like to build the same for BTC, etc... but I don't yet know those as well.

Details on https://www.dave-cohen.com/blog/rcl-tool/

-Dave

qubenix

Apr 7, 2018, 12:34:12 PM4/7/18
to Dave C, qubes-users
Dave C:
You can put any wallet in an offline VM and use qrexec to forward the
needed ports from your daemon. Here's a guide for doing it with monero:
https://getmonero.org/resources/user-guides/cli_wallet_daemon_isolation_qubes_whonix.html.
The same basic procedure can be used for most crypto wallets.

--
qubenix
GPG: B536812904D455B491DCDCDD04BE1E61A3C2E500