how to transfer 3.2 vpn vm to 4.0?

Stumpy

Apr 14, 2018, 10:03:56 PM4/14/18
to Qubes users
I had a really hard time getting a vpnvm to work in 3.2 but finally got
it and it more or less ran great for months. In one of the 4 RCs (3 I
think) I was able to restore that vpnvm to 4.0 rc3. Now I can't seem to
do that, and am really hoping there is some way I can at least back up
(tar?) the settings/changes on the 3.2 vpnvm and restore (untar?) then
on a 4.0 vm.
Thoughts?

Chris Laprise

Apr 15, 2018, 1:07:50 AM4/15/18
to stu...@posteo.co, Qubes users
Depends on how you setup the original VPN VM. If you used the Qubes VPN
doc, you can try tar-ing the /rw/config folder and transfer the contents
to the new proxyVM (to the same folder). When tar-ing, use sudo.

OTOH, installing from scratch with Qubes-vpn-support is fairly easy:
https://github.com/tasket/Qubes-vpn-support

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket

Stumpy

Apr 15, 2018, 12:07:55 PM4/15/18
to Chris Laprise, Qubes users
Thanks! I will try tar'ing the config folder first, if no luck there
will give the github option a try.
Cheers