How to block template vm? (prevent it from starting)

Pawel Debski

Nov 19, 2016, 12:27:39 PM11/19/16
to qubes-users
Folks,

is it possible to somehow block a TemplateVM and all VMs based on this template?

I.e. whenever some app would be started in any VM involving this template I'd like to get an error messages or at least have the operation fail silently instead of having Qubes start the VM.

Best regards
PD

yaqu

Nov 19, 2016, 5:16:53 PM11/19/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
You could add to rc.local script:
shutdown -h now

VM will shutdown immediately after starting.

--
yaqu

pleo...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2016, 6:12:21 PM11/19/16
to qubes-users
you can build a tamplate and give im separate networking then if get some wrong just shut down networking that this template based.
Lets say Tamplate X give networking X and than abandon networking X to separate Tamplate X from universe.

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Nov 27, 2016, 9:52:54 PM11/27/16
to Pawel Debski, qubes-users