sys-net does not see any network devices

kbot...@gmail.com

May 18, 2017, 5:26:14 PM5/18/17
to qubes-users
Trying to configure Qubes 3.2 and having an issue getting my network up and going.'

sys-net does not see either of my network devices (ethernet or wifi). The only device that it can see is the loopback (lo) device. The devices are listed in the Devices tab for the VM and I can see both devices with lspci and cannot find any errors in any logs with regards to these devices; however, sys-net just can't see them.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot (or just an answer would work :-).

Devices are;
3a:00.1 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 12)
3b:00.1 Network controller: Intel Corporation Device 24fd (rev 78)

blacklight

May 19, 2017, 4:45:43 AM5/19/17
to qubes-users, kbot...@gmail.com

have you tried installing/updating your drivers?
also, updating dom0 sometimes does the trick.

kbot...@gmail.com

May 19, 2017, 9:47:39 AM5/19/17
to qubes-users
Not sure how to go about this since I have no network access. Is there a how-to that covers this or some url with some instructions?

cooloutac

May 19, 2017, 2:20:40 PM5/19/17
On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 9:47:39 AM UTC-4, kbot...@gmail.com wrote:
> Not sure how to go about this since I have no network access. Is there a how-to that covers this or some url with some instructions?

only attach one device instead of both and see if it works.