[Qubes R3.1] KeePassX Icon disappearing from AppVM menu

Alex

Jun 21, 2016, 2:19:44 AM6/21/16
to qubes-users
Hello everybody,
I noticed that recently, when I restart an AppVM that used to have the
KeePassX shortcut added to the application menu, said icon disappears
from the AppVM menu and has to be re-added with the usual tool.

Once added, the icon works properly again. I noticed (may or may not be
related) that typing "keepassx" in the "Run command in VM" popup window
(in Qubes VM Manager) does not start keepassx anymore (as it used to
do), and it has to be started via the menu icon.

I did not notice if this is related to an update of keepassx; my
hypothesis is that an update changed the way keepassx has to be started,
and somehow the dom0 shortcuts are not able to use the new method (maybe
there is some dirty cache?). How can I investigate further to help
identify the problem? Does it happen to anybody else?

--
Alex

signature.asc

raah...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2016, 3:52:21 PM6/21/16
to qubes-users, alex...@gmx.com

I also noticed keepassx disappearing from the start menu recently and I had to add it back. I haven't tried to start it from a terminal but I'll try later today and post back.

raah...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2016, 7:36:03 PM6/21/16
to qubes-users, alex...@gmx.com, raah...@gmail.com
it loads from terminal for me. the command is keepassx2.