LTE-card stopped working in my fedora-24-minimal sys-net Net-VM

P R

Jul 4, 2017, 2:42:57 PM7/4/17
to qubes-users
Hello,

I'm trying to get my new sys.net NetVM (based on the fedora-24-minimal)
template working.

After fixing Wifi I am now struggling to get my LTE card working, which
is working out of the box with the default fedora-23 sys-net.

My LTE-card is a Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE card which is connected
internally to the USB bus.

I was able to successfully mount the LTE card through my USB-Cube into
the sys-net where it is also recognized:

[user@my-sys-net ~]$ lsusb

Bus 002 Device 004: ID 1199:a001 Sierra Wireless, Inc.

(...)

I have also installed ModemManager in my sys-net-template but when I
start "Network Connection" for the sys-net NetVM to configure a new
connection I can't choose a device in the setup windows because I my LTE
card is not shown as device.

Any idea what is missing? Is this also a driver issue?

As I copied the content of /usr/lib/firmware from my fedora-23 sys-net
VM all drivers should be there, do I need to load a special kernel module?

- Ph.