Quebes for noobs (Installation)

Bostongeorge

Jun 24, 2020, 3:52:33 PM6/24/20
to qubes-users
I am new to this OS, wondering if its possible to install this with this specs on a desktop i just made:

qubes.jpg

Qubes

Jun 25, 2020, 3:41:42 AM6/25/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 6/24/20 9:52 PM, Bostongeorge wrote:
> I am new to this OS, wondering if its possible to install this with this
> specs on a desktop i just made:

In terms of specifications your machine would certainly be able to
handle Qubes. If I was you I would just stick in Qubes installation
media and start an install.

If your BIOS default is set to UEFI and you are looking at a blank
screen after booting from the Qubes installation media, please note the
following from the documentation,

"Note : On UEFI install, there is no boot menu on Qubes OS 4.0 by
design. It goes straight to the installer. The boot menu will be back in
Qubes OS 4.1."

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/installation-guide/

Please let us know if everything installs and works as expected.
Message has been deleted

Bostongeorge

Jun 25, 2020, 4:34:32 AM6/25/20
to qubes-users

I get an error at once i start the installation.
Is that something i need ot change in the bios?

unnamed.jpg

My bios is version 2.17.1246 American Megatrends , UEFI BIOS, rog strix B450-i GAMING BIOS Ver. 3004

Jarrah

Jun 25, 2020, 4:36:43 AM6/25/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

>> I get an error at once i start the installation.
> Is that something i need ot change in the bios?

Exactly this.

The machine you posted should support the features listed, but they may
not be enabled by default.

Boot into BIOS/UEFI and ensure SVM and IOMMU are enabled.

Bostongeorge

Jun 25, 2020, 9:41:47 AM6/25/20
to qubes-users
Hi, I was able to change the SVM to enable  but I could not find the IOMMU option.
However, before I save the changes I get message that the IOMMU is in AUTO.

I have then start the system but i then get stuck on this errors, does anybody can help me with this?

1.jpg

2.jpg

Should I try to load an ISO file, (I have created the usb bootable with rufus)

Qubes

Jun 25, 2020, 2:48:10 PM6/25/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 6/25/20 3:41 PM, Bostongeorge wrote:
> Should I try to load an ISO file, (I have created the usb bootable with
> rufus)

Did you use the correct options when creating the bootable USB? The
installation guide gives very specific instructions.

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/installation-guide/

Bostongeorge

Jun 29, 2020, 8:42:44 AM6/29/20
to qubes-users
I have recreated the usb and found the IOMMU bios settings as well , so I was able to install the system, now I can start to explore! thanks to all