HCL- ASUS GL753V

olivier.de...@free.fr

Mar 16, 2018, 12:51:19 PM3/16/18
to qubes-users
/home/user/Qubes-HCL-ASUSTeK_COMPUTER_INC_-GL753VD-20180316-173149.cpio.gz
/home/user/Qubes-HCL-ASUSTeK_COMPUTER_INC_-GL753VD-20180316-173149.yml

Hello,

I'm using qubes 3.2 for view weeks and it works very well except win7 VM who need cirrus video type instead of xen type.
Installation wasn't easy but I succeed with yumi uefi beta 6 and 2 keys because anaconda can't read the iso on the install's key.

For qubes 4, I'm so sad because rufus don't works and yumi needs fat32 partition to boot.
Is it possible to have a lite iso with less 4 Go please ?

@+

Olivier

olivier.de...@free.fr

Mar 16, 2018, 1:06:54 PM3/16/18
to qubes-users
oups !
Qubes-HCL-ASUSTeK_COMPUTER_INC_-GL753VD-20180316-173149.cpio.gz
Qubes-HCL-ASUSTeK_COMPUTER_INC_-GL753VD-20180316-173149.yml

awokd

Mar 16, 2018, 1:28:45 PM3/16/18
to olivier.de...@free.fr, qubes-users
If you were able to boot the Qubes 3.2 installer under UEFI, I'm suprised
you couldn't 4.0's to boot the same way. Actually found it easier on one
of my machines to boot 4.0's UEFI than the older.

Anyways, if you want to make a slimmed down ISO, you could use the Qubes
Builder to make your own: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/qubes-r3-building/.
There's a bug in it right now but once that's fixed, you could make an ISO
with just the Fedora 26 template included, which should get you under 4GB.

Seems like a lot of effort though, why not just get a bigger USB key or
burn to a DVD?

olivier.de...@free.fr

Mar 19, 2018, 10:19:09 AM3/19/18
to qubes-users
because it doesn't work with dvd or bigger usb with many software and yes I confirm a lot of effort :(
it only works with yumi uefi who use fat32 partition.
so I try to make my own iso under 4GB...

awokd

Mar 19, 2018, 11:03:00 AM3/19/18
On Mon, March 19, 2018 2:19 pm, olivier.de...@free.fr wrote:

> because it doesn't work with dvd or bigger usb with many software and yes
> I confirm a lot of effort :(
> it only works with yumi uefi who use fat32 partition. so I try to make my
> own iso under 4GB...

OK. The bug (https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3650) is fixed
now so you should be able to build it without any problem.