Qubes + Synergy.

Mathew Evans

Sep 20, 2016, 4:32:04 PM9/20/16
to qubes-users
Long story short I'd like to share my keyboard and mouse from my Qubes environment to a windows environment (physically different machine) with synergy. Any ideas of best way to achieve this? short of adding networking to dom0 which I'm not willing to do.

Andrew

Sep 20, 2016, 5:47:42 PM9/20/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Mathew Evans:
> Long story short I'd like to share my keyboard and mouse from my Qubes environment to a windows environment (physically different machine) with synergy. Any ideas of best way to achieve this? short of adding networking to dom0 which I'm not willing to do.

With the already-implemented qubes.InputKeybaord and qubes.InputMouse
RPC services, and Synergy in an AppVM.

I don't know how Synergy works, but it may be as simple as making
trivial changes to the USB input proxy sender:
https://github.com/qubesos/qubes-app-linux-input-proxy. Anyway that's a
good place to start.

Pay close attention to the security notice. I trust you know what
you're doing ;).

Andrew

Andrew

Sep 20, 2016, 5:50:51 PM9/20/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Andrew:
Ah, I just realized you want to go the other way around. You'll need to
implement your own RPC service.
Anyway the principle is the same, just reverse the components.

Andrew