[3.2rc2] Default VMs failed to get created after installation

koto...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2016, 5:21:59 PM7/31/16
to qubes-users
Hi,

I gave up on installing on a USB stick and managed to get my hands on a second disk and installed Qubes on it. Everything went fine but after the first boot when configuring the VMs the following error appeared "A VM with the name 'sys-firewall' does not exist in the system".

Can I somehow restart this configuration process without reinstalling everything? Or how can I create the default VMs (personal, work, vault etc)? Has someone experience the same error?

Thanks for your help & thanks for your work!

Ben Wika

Jul 31, 2016, 6:58:31 PM7/31/16
to qubes-users, koto...@gmail.com

Just posted the same error.

Ben Wika

Jul 31, 2016, 7:12:45 PM7/31/16
to qubes-users, koto...@gmail.com

Iestyn Best

Jul 31, 2016, 8:19:06 PM7/31/16
to qubes-users, koto...@gmail.com
Hi,

This problem has happened even with RC1.

You can retry configuration by calling 'sudo qubesctl state.highstate' in a console in dom0.

I had this problem and it resolved it for me with RC1. I have not installed RC2 from scratch.

Regards,
Iestyn Best