HCL — ASUS Q325UA

Tao Effect

Aug 1, 2017, 9:49:19 PM8/1/17
to qubes-users
Ran into all of the same issues that Mike Freemon experienced:

But, while attempting to follow Mike's recommendations, I ran into additional obstacles as described here:

Ultimately I was able to get the laptop working.

HVM: Yes
IOMMU: Yes
SLAT: Yes
TPM: `qubes-hcl-report` says 'unknown`, but I think I remember reading somewhere that it does?
Qubes: R3.2
Kernel: Supports the one in unstable (4.8.12-12), and in fact requires it for proper screen resolution support
Remark: What I wrote above, including all relevant links

--
Please do not email me anything that you are not comfortable also sharing with the NSA.

Chris Laprise

Oct 2, 2017, 5:58:17 PM10/2/17
to Tao Effect, qubes-users
On 08/01/2017 09:49 PM, Tao Effect wrote:
> Ran into all of the same issues that Mike Freemon experienced:
>
> -
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/qubes-users/display$20resolution|sort:relevance/qubes-users/BUe4tFfERtA/buazJHIzCQAJ
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21searchin/qubes-users/display$20resolution%7Csort:relevance/qubes-users/BUe4tFfERtA/buazJHIzCQAJ>
> -
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/qubes-users/Eq2zZU5yXEs/qs94AX1uAAAJ
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21msg/qubes-users/Eq2zZU5yXEs/qs94AX1uAAAJ>
>
> But, while attempting to follow Mike's recommendations, I ran into
> additional obstacles as described here:
>
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2945
>
> Ultimately I was able to get the laptop working.
>
> HVM: Yes
> IOMMU: Yes
> SLAT: Yes
> TPM: `qubes-hcl-report` says 'unknown`, but I think I remember reading
> somewhere that it does?
> Qubes: R3.2
> Kernel: Supports the one in unstable (4.8.12-12), and in fact requires
> it for proper screen resolution support
> Remark: What I wrote above, including all relevant links

Hi Tao,

Could you post the report's yml file? Thanks...

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://twitter.com/ttaskett