Is there a fix for constantly failing wifi?

Guerlan

Oct 10, 2019, 10:31:24 AM10/10/19
to qubes-users
I have a Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 32)

It constantly goes off. I tried the rmmod and insert from the qubes wifi page and it didn't work. I then discovered that simply turning it off and on in the tray icon works. However I have to do it every 15 mintutes, and if I download something huge (that is, I use a lot of wifi) it goess off and I have to restart it every 30 seconds, itś  very annoying!

Is there a way to fix it?

unman

Oct 11, 2019, 11:27:34 AM10/11/19
to qubes-users
> and I have to restart it every 30 seconds, it?? very annoying!
>
> Is there a way to fix it?

It's not a Qubes issue - you need to get firmware that works in whatever
OS you are using for sys-net.
Search for this and you'll find many hints, and pointers to the right
firmware.

You could try switching to another template (Fedora - Debian/Arch or vice
versa) in first instance.

unman