Qubes 3.2-RC2 - Sys-Firewall Not Found?

Ben Wika

Jul 31, 2016, 6:56:42 PM7/31/16
to qubes-users
Hi,

Whilst I ignored RC1, I thought I'd give 3.2-RC2 a try, but when it gets to the installation stage of setting up all the default templates, I can't get passed this screen.

No matter what combination of pre-installed templates I select, so long as the box to install sys-net and sys-firewall is checked, whilst setting them up, it just keeps giving the error message that sys-firewall is not found.

Also, with the changes in USB handling, is it now safe for me to set up a USB-qube given I have USB mouse? (PS2 keyboard, on-board cabled network)

Ben

Ben Wika

Jul 31, 2016, 7:13:03 PM7/31/16
to qubes-users

Iestyn Best

Jul 31, 2016, 8:21:59 PM7/31/16
to qubes-users
Hi Ben,

Do the rest of your default VMs install?

If not, you can retry configuration by calling 'sudo qubesctl state.highstate' in a console in dom0.

This seems to be coming up as a common problem at the moment with the R3.2 releases.

Regards,
Iestyn Best

Ben Wika

Jul 31, 2016, 8:45:31 PM7/31/16
to qubes-users

I couldn't get past that screen at all (do get to Dom0 konsole) but I forget if I tried proceeding using the option to set up all templates myself.

I'll try again later and maybe try your suggestion.

Are we thinking this is something to do with rufus? maybe if I create another bootable USB from linux dd instead?

Ben Wika

Aug 10, 2016, 1:49:40 AM8/10/16
to qubes-users
> Are we thinking this is something to do with rufus? maybe if I create another bootable USB from linux dd instead?

The suggestions from https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2213, specifically running in Dom0 :-
sudo saltutil.clear_cache
sudo qubesctl saltutil.sync_all refresh=true
sudo qubesctl state.highstate

or combinations of top.enable (since all were listed in top.disabled)

... didn't seem to have any effect in generating the default sys-net and sys-firewall qubes.

I've just gone back to 3.1 for now.

Ben Wika

Aug 10, 2016, 2:38:57 AM8/10/16
to qubes-users
On Monday, 1 August 2016 10:21:59 UTC+10, Iestyn Best wrote:
> Do the rest of your default VMs install?

Just to clarify, opting to set up all VMs manually let me through to the Qubes Manager so I could use Dom0. In doing so, I obviously only had template VMs available (and Dom0).