say it out (loud) - Qubes OS Stickers

piitb...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2016, 3:50:46 PM3/21/16
to qubes-users
Hello,

I would like put some nice Qubes OS stickers on my laptop, as this would be a perfect door opener to talk about security and alternatives to Windows & other.
I guess the target group for Qubes are mainly security focussed users or developers but even a non-technical user can run Qubes if Qubes OS is installed.

I would like to produce some stickers, nothing fancy, just something like the Qubes Logo, followed from the claim from the website "Qubes OS. A reasonably secure operating system" and the hint to the website www.qubes-os.org.

Question:
Can I use those logo / claim? I would of course share the sticker template for free.

- Piit

raah...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2016, 8:23:08 PM3/21/16
to qubes-users

I'd buy one, if money went to devs.

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Mar 21, 2016, 8:29:07 PM3/21/16
to piitb...@gmail.com, Brennan Novak, qubes-users

raah...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2016, 9:14:12 PM3/21/16
to qubes-users, piitb...@gmail.com, bn...@invisiblethingslab.com
put it somewhere so I can use paypal.

Brennan Novak

Mar 22, 2016, 6:52:57 AM3/22/16
to Marek Marczykowski, piitb...@gmail.com, qubes-users

Darren Fix

Apr 18, 2017, 4:20:51 PM4/18/17
to qubes-users, marm...@invisiblethingslab.com, piitb...@gmail.com, bn...@invisiblethingslab.com

This is for the Qubes-OS team :

So - have you guys seen sticker mule? They make some high quality stickers for a lot of tech companies.

Customers can use paypal or credit cards to buy stickers.

They also have a market place, where you can sell your sticker designs and the money gets put into a) your paypal account b) regular old business check c) put into a marketplace account that you can use to buy your own stickers for your team! You set the mark-up for your stickers.

The catch is that I think you have to order some of your own stickers to begin with, in order to populate the marketplace. I'd be willing to help out with that if needed. This seems like an easy way for the fans (like me) to get the message out while kicking back a little coin to the awesome Qubes-OS team.

So please, sell me some stickers!

p.s. I am in now way associated with Sticker Mule, other than I'm thinking about ordering some stickers from them myself.

Darren Fix

Apr 18, 2017, 4:39:40 PM4/18/17
to qubes-users, marm...@invisiblethingslab.com, piitb...@gmail.com, bn...@invisiblethingslab.com

hah! a link would have helped: https://www.stickermule.com/marketplace

sacke...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2017, 11:49:12 AM4/19/17
to qubes-users, marm...@invisiblethingslab.com, piitb...@gmail.com, bn...@invisiblethingslab.com

+1

I would love to have a few of these!!

Holger Levsen

Apr 20, 2017, 10:15:37 AM4/20/17
to qubes-users
On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 08:49:12AM -0700, sacke...@gmail.com wrote:
> I would love to have a few of these!!

printing them is easy, even if getting them printed for free.

what's harder is getting a design. does someone have one?

--
cheers,
Holger

J. Eppler

Apr 20, 2017, 3:16:01 PM4/20/17
to qubes-users, marm...@invisiblethingslab.com, piitb...@gmail.com, bn...@invisiblethingslab.com
Hello,

I really like the simple design from Brennan Novak.

Franz

Apr 20, 2017, 6:07:45 PM4/20/17
to J. Eppler, qubes-users, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, piitb...@gmail.com, bn...@invisiblethingslab.com
On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 4:16 PM, J. Eppler <j.ep...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
Hello,

I really like the simple design from Brennan Novak.

Writing on a sticker "a reasonable secure operating system" is very rational and balanced, but is too long to find its place close to the keyboard. Perhaps just a single word coupled with the logo, like "secure" or "secured" or "security" or something similar.
Best
Fran

cooloutac

Apr 20, 2017, 6:57:20 PM4/20/17
to qubes-users, j.ep...@openmailbox.org, marm...@invisiblethingslab.com, piitb...@gmail.com, bn...@invisiblethingslab.com
On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 6:07:45 PM UTC-4, Francesco wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 4:16 PM, J. Eppler <j.ep...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I really like the simple design from Brennan Novak.
>

> Writing on a sticker "a reasonable secure operating system" is very rational and balanced, but is too long to find its place close to the keyboard. Perhaps just a single word coupled with the logo, like "secure" or "secured" or "security" or something similar.
>
> Best
>
> Fran

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/a6998e1b-e220-40a4-a3e4-e80cae5a21ad%40googlegroups.com.

"somewhat secure"

Bob Raftery

Apr 21, 2017, 12:57:25 AM4/21/17
to qubes-users
I'd definitely buy a couple if money goes to devs

Franz

Apr 21, 2017, 8:16:28 AM4/21/17
to cooloutac, qubes-users, Jeremias E., Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, piitb...@gmail.com, bn...@invisiblethingslab.com
"Security Focus"

Jean-Philippe Ouellet

Apr 21, 2017, 9:06:04 AM4/21/17
to Franz, qubes-users
On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 8:16 AM, Franz <169...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 7:57 PM, cooloutac <raah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 6:07:45 PM UTC-4, Francesco wrote:
>> > On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 4:16 PM, J. Eppler <j.ep...@openmailbox.org>
>> > I really like the simple design from Brennan Novak.
>> >
>> > Writing on a sticker "a reasonable secure operating system" is very
>> > rational and balanced, but is too long to find its place close to the
>> > keyboard. Perhaps just a single word coupled with the logo, like "secure" or
>> > "secured" or "security" or something similar.
>>
>> "somewhat secure"
>
> "Security Focus"

That invokes thoughts of something specific and different:
Not exactly Qubes...

cooloutac

Apr 21, 2017, 6:38:35 PM4/21/17
to qubes-users, 169...@gmail.com

I meant to shorten it to just "reasonably secure", I would def buy stickers just for the logo to stick on my pc. paypal hopefully.

Dominique St-Pierre Boucher

Apr 21, 2017, 7:46:28 PM4/21/17
to qubes-users

I would love a big logo like the one on the Twitter post in 2015. I would also like to have a small on to cover that windows logo on the keyboard... I would also like one with "Qubes inside"...

So enough with what I would like... What can we do to get some done!!!

Dominique

lok...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2017, 3:32:57 AM4/24/17
to qubes-users
On Saturday, 22 April 2017 07:46:28 UTC+8, Dominique St-Pierre Boucher wrote:

> I would love a big logo like the one on the Twitter post in 2015. I would also
> like to have a small on to cover that windows logo on the keyboard... I would also
> like one with "Qubes inside"...

If you want a sticker, wouldn't it make more sense to have something without text. I'd argue that the best symbol for a secure laptop is one without any symbols or stickers at all. Just a single colour no-label laptop.

If there was a way to remove the vendor label (Dell, HP, etc...) from a latpop, I'd do it. :-)

Thomas Hutchinson

Apr 24, 2017, 2:52:35 PM4/24/17
to lok...@gmail.com, qubes-users
On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 3:32 AM, <lok...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you want a sticker, wouldn't it make more sense to have something without text.

I second this. Text only serves to junk it up. I'm for just the "Q".

Take this Mozilla t-shirt from the 90's. The URL and slogan take away
from the impact of the design.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/intothefuzz/2555982727

> I'd argue that the best symbol for a secure laptop is one without any symbols or stickers at all. Just a single colour no-label laptop.

If only... sigh

Tom

cooloutac

Apr 25, 2017, 11:07:27 AM4/25/17
to qubes-users, lok...@gmail.com

No way, I'd rather say it Loud, I use Qubes and I'm Proud!

cooloutac

Apr 25, 2017, 11:09:06 AM4/25/17
to qubes-users, lok...@gmail.com
On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 3:32:57 AM UTC-4, lok...@gmail.com wrote:

I mean I guess you have a point though from a security point of view. But I use a desktop.

I wonder does xfce have a windows desktop theme? lol

Darren Fix

Apr 28, 2017, 9:59:03 PM4/28/17
to qubes-users, lok...@gmail.com

All right! I had some high quality stickers made by stickermule and they arrived today. I paid $66 for 100 of them. My plan is to send 34 to the Qubes team and charge $1 + shipping apiece for the remaining 66. I haven't figured out the details yet, but if you're interested hit me up with a private response with the following four pieces of information: Qubes sticker in the subject, Min number of stickers, Max number of stickers, cost of 1st class shipping from USA to where you live.

Once I've figured out what the demand is and a fair way to distribute them as widely as possible, I'll try to get back to you to get shipping information, etc.

Just so we're clear, the $1 price per sticker is paying for the stickers that I'm going to send to the developers/team, so any stickers that you buy will indirectly help them... kinda.

https://goo.gl/photos/rnqetfXjeekJS6yv9

Cheers!

Darren

cooloutac

May 1, 2017, 2:37:56 PM5/1/17
to qubes-users, lok...@gmail.com

I'll take one but I don't know how to do private response.

Also, I think Qubes should sell usb sticks with ISO on them. I would pay extra for that.

Darren Fix

May 1, 2017, 2:44:08 PM5/1/17
to qubes-users, lok...@gmail.com

If you're using the groups.google.com interface, you can just click on the down arrow at the right of the post and select "Reply privately to author".

cooloutac

May 1, 2017, 3:44:38 PM5/1/17
to qubes-users, lok...@gmail.com

hahahah D0H!

cooloutac

May 2, 2017, 2:29:28 PM5/2/17
to qubes-users, lok...@gmail.com

I sent you a private message but don't think I got a response.

Gaiko

May 2, 2017, 2:33:34 PM5/2/17
to qubes-users
On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 7:46:28 PM UTC-4, Dominique St-Pierre Boucher wrote:
> On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 6:38:35 PM UTC-4, cooloutac wrote:

> > > That invokes thoughts of something specific and different:
> > > Not exactly Qubes...
> >
> > I meant to shorten it to just "reasonably secure", I would def buy stickers just for the logo to stick on my pc. paypal hopefully.
>
> I would love a big logo like the one on the Twitter post in 2015. I would also like to have a small on to cover that windows logo on the keyboard... I would also like one with "Qubes inside"...
>
> So enough with what I would like... What can we do to get some done!!!
>
> Dominique

yeah, a qubes logo/sticker to subtlety cover the win logo would be nice.

Darren Fix

May 2, 2017, 5:56:54 PM5/2/17
to qubes-users, lok...@gmail.com

it should go directly to your gmail account (or whatever account you're using for google groups.) I actually sent you two... I changed my mind on the first one! hahahaha

cooloutac

May 2, 2017, 9:33:35 PM5/2/17
to qubes-users, lok...@gmail.com

got it lol

cooloutac

May 8, 2017, 3:16:32 PM5/8/17
to qubes-users, lok...@gmail.com

stickers look good tks man!

simonda...@googlemail.com

Sep 16, 2018, 1:19:59 PM9/16/18
to qubes-users
Heya mate are you still selling stickers? I'd love to buy one.