Qubes Windows Tools R4 - testing repository or old version?

Daniil Travnikov

Apr 22, 2019, 6:58:16 PM4/22/19
to qubes-users
Hi,

I installed from here: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-tools/

And I installed with this command:
sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-dom0-current-testing qubes-windows-tools

instead of this command:
sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-windows-tools

And every time I get this version: qubes-windows-tools 4.0.1-3

Can anybody tell me is there old version. If yes, then how can I install the older version of QWT?

awokd

Apr 23, 2019, 5:25:14 AM4/23/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Daniil Travnikov:

> And every time I get this version: qubes-windows-tools 4.0.1-3
>

> Can anybody tell me is there old version. If yes, then how can I install the older version of QWT?

There are older versions in
https://yum.qubes-os.org/r3.2/current-testing/dom0/fc23/rpm/, but you
may want to try 4.0.1-3 first and see if there are problems.

Daniil Travnikov

Apr 23, 2019, 5:37:03 AM4/23/19
to qubes-users

Thank you for url.

Yes, I tried the 4.0.1-3 version. And after the command:
'bcdedit /set testsigning on'
in Windows promt i got testing mode OS and after that I start the .exe file on the 'D:' but on the middle of the installation process VM halting every time.

At first I thought that it could be the 'qrexec_timeout' problem, I tried 300 and 600, but VM halted literally in the few seconds afer .exe file installation started.

Now I want to test the 'qubes-windows-tools-3.2.2-3.x86_64.rpm' version:
https://yum.qubes-os.org/r3.2/current-testing/dom0/fc23/rpm/qubes-windows-tools-3.2.2-3.x86_64.rpm

Tell me please, which command I must use in Dom0 ?

The command which I used was been:
sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-dom0-current-testing qubes-windows-tools

How can I put here the url of that file which I chose?

awokd

Apr 23, 2019, 5:46:10 AM4/23/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Daniil Travnikov:

> Yes, I tried the 4.0.1-3 version. And after the command:
> 'bcdedit /set testsigning on'
> in Windows promt i got testing mode OS and after that I start the .exe file on the 'D:' but on the middle of the installation process VM halting every time.
>
> At first I thought that it could be the 'qrexec_timeout' problem, I tried 300 and 600, but VM halted literally in the few seconds afer .exe file installation started.
>

> Now I want to test the 'qubes-windows-tools-3.2.2-3.x86_64.rpm' version:
> https://yum.qubes-os.org/r3.2/current-testing/dom0/fc23/rpm/qubes-windows-tools-3.2.2-3.x86_64.rpm

It's a bit risky, but the most straight-forward way would be download
that rpm directly, copy it to dom0, then install it manually with dnf.
Haven't attempted myself, though, so be careful it doesn't try to
downgrade any other packages when you do.

brenda...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2019, 7:33:16 AM4/23/19
to qubes-users
On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 5:46:10 AM UTC-4, awokd wrote:
> It's a bit risky, but the most straight-forward way would be download
> that rpm directly, copy it to dom0, then install it manually with dnf.
> Haven't attempted myself, though, so be careful it doesn't try to
> downgrade any other packages when you do.

Probably safer would be to:

1. Download the rpm using Firefox
2. Open a shell
3. cd Downloads
4. rpm2cpio qubes-windows-tools-3.2.2-3.x86_64.rpm | cpio -idm

The qubes-windows-tools-3.2.2.3.iso file can be found in /home/user/Downloads/usr/lib/qubes

Probably easily scriptable using wget instead...but for something you do once, the above will do.

Brendan