No network

keg...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2019, 4:19:10 PM9/13/19
to qubes-users

Same problem as this guy:

I get to the point where the guy installs nc4 ando switches tv-d off, but I do not know how to do that, even less in qubes. How to fix that to get my network up and running?

Regards,
Keg

awokd

Sep 14, 2019, 5:48:54 AM9/14/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
keg...@gmail.com:

> Same problem as this guy:
>
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3349
>
> I get to the point where the guy installs nc4 ando switches tv-d off, but I do not know how to do that, even less in qubes. How to fix that to get my network up and running?

99% of the time, switching VT-d off is the wrong solution. You should be
installing Qubes 4.01, not an earlier RC. What network card(s) are you
using? Check the "sudo journalctl -b" log inside sys-net to see if their
drivers are loading correctly. If not, try changing sys-net's template
from Fedora to Debian or vice-versa. Also, search this mailing list with
your network card model if you haven't already- someone may have already
solved.

--
- don't top post
- trim quoted reply to only relevant portions

keg...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2019, 12:45:03 PM9/15/19
to qubes-users
Network has only the WiFi driver, no ethernet. Journalctl -b under nrteork manager has :
Network manager[520]
Networking is enabled by state file, and WiFi enabled by radio killswitch; enabled by state file.
It se es no network ando manually adding a WiFi does not connect.
Sys-net networkmanager[520] has a new ethernet device detected (vif2.0) but network icono says Ethernet: device not managed.
Network manager [520] also has device (lo) link connected
It's already been switched to debían.

keg...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2019, 12:46:56 PM9/15/19
to qubes-users
Also, under basic settings sys-net has networking (none) (current). Any other attempt says Error:basic tab. Loops in network are unsopported.

keg...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2019, 12:49:31 PM9/15/19
to qubes-users
It's just that sudo ifconfig -a seems yo show lo and vif2.0 but no WiFi controller, except the Ethernet driver does not seem to be properly loaded and wireless is not showing.

awokd

Sep 16, 2019, 6:37:58 AM9/16/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
keg...@gmail.com:
> It's just that sudo ifconfig -a seems yo show lo and vif2.0 but no WiFi controller, except the Ethernet driver does not seem to be properly loaded and wireless is not showing.

Which network card(s) do you have? Did you search this mailing list on
their model #s? Vif2.0 is a Xen virtual network adapter. Check
sys-net/Qube Settings/Devices and make sure your network adapters are on
the right-hand side.

Steve Coleman

Sep 16, 2019, 4:23:33 PM9/16/19
to keg...@gmail.com, qubes-users
On 2019-09-15 12:45, keg...@gmail.com wrote:

> Networking is enabled by state file, and WiFi enabled by radio killswitch; enabled by state file.
> It se es no network ando manually adding a WiFi does not connect.
> Sys-net networkmanager[520] has a new ethernet device detected (vif2.0) but network icono says Ethernet: device not managed.

I didn't see where you mentioned what system/model you are using. I had
a similar WiFi issue just this weekend with an old Lenovo. In my case
there was a physical RF kill switch that prevented the WiFi interface
from "being managed" properly by network manager.