Using screen via dp alt mode

wzrd73

Mar 22, 2019, 12:42:56 PM3/22/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hallo,
is there a way to use an additional screen via dp alt mode (usb-c) in Qubes 4?
I'd like to attach an Asus Zen Screen to my laptop. The screen only has a usb-c port. My laptop has usb-a und usb-c and hdmi ports.
There are usb-c to hdmi adapters, but as far as I know they don't work in the other direction.

solworth...@gtempaccount.com

Mar 23, 2019, 10:15:59 AM3/23/19
to qubes-users

I'm driving a monitor from my usb-c port (although the cable converts it to HDMI). I would start with looking at the output of xrandr. On my computer, I
see a listing for DP1.

If you install arandr in dom0 you'll get an easier to use interface.

Jon

wzrd73

Mar 23, 2019, 11:28:24 AM3/23/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
My output of xrandr:
[User@dom0 ~]$ xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 32767 x 32767
eDP1 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 340mm x 190mm
1920x1080 60.00*+ 40.00
1400x1050 59.98
1600x900 60.00
1280x1024 60.02
1280x960 60.00
1368x768 60.00
1280x720 60.00
1024x768 60.00
1024x576 60.00
960x540 60.00
800x600 60.32 56.25
864x486 60.00
640x480 59.94
720x405 60.00
640x360 60.00
HDMI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
VIRTUAL1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

Message on the screen, when I connect it: "Your device does not support DP Alt mode, please install the latest driver and try again."

The device shows up as:
sys-usb:2-4.1 - Realtek_BillBoard_Device_123......FGH
sys-usb:3-3.2 - DisplayLink_MB16AC_821.....M0419