Updating packages with salt does not refresh the repositories

qu...@posteo.de

Feb 9, 2017, 6:46:24 PM2/9/17
to Qubes users
Hi,

I have an update.sls with the following content:

updates:
pkg.uptodate:
- refres: True

The problem is that if I run it, it always tells me that there are no
new packages although Qubes shows that there are with the green arrow
and if I run manually `dnf update` then packages are updated.

The issues seems to be that the repository does not get refreshed even
though I have it enabled, because if I refresh manually the updates get
installed by salt.

I have a workaround by calling `dnf makecache` before with salt, but
this should be not necessary. Can anyobdy confirm this or knows why this
happens?

Thx in advance

Jean-Philippe Ouellet

Feb 10, 2017, 11:04:34 AM2/10/17
to qu...@posteo.de, Qubes users
On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 6:46 PM, <qu...@posteo.de> wrote:
> I have an update.sls with the following content:
>
> updates:
> pkg.uptodate:
> - refres: True

If that's literally a copy & paste... because you're missing the h in refresh?

qu...@posteo.de

Feb 10, 2017, 1:55:18 PM2/10/17
to Jean-Philippe Ouellet, Qubes users
Thx for the reply. It is no copy and paste because it is in dom0. I use
the correct writing "- refresh: True".