Using an external tablet as mouse

Magali Bardet

Nov 9, 2020, 6:05:38 AM11/9/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have a wacom tablet, and I would like to use it as an external mouse.

I see it in "System Tools -> Mouse and Touchpad", the device is enable,
but it doesn't move the mouse pointer.

Any idea ?

thanks,
Magali

PS:

- if I use a USB Mouse it works perfectly fine,
- When I attach the tablet to a vm, I can use the pen for instance with
xournalpp, but I cannot see where my pointer is.

unman

Nov 9, 2020, 6:41:23 AM11/9/20
to Magali Bardet, qubes...@googlegroups.com
How is the tablet attached to the Qubes machine? Is it attached to
sys-usb?
Have you authorised the interaction in qubes-rpc policy?
Take a look at /etc/qubes-rpc/policy files, particularly
qubes.InputMouse and qubes.InputTablet

Magali Bardet

Nov 9, 2020, 6:56:16 AM11/9/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
thanks for your answer !
yes, it is attached to sys-usb.

qubes.InputMouse contains
sys-usb dom0 allow,user=root
$anyvm $anyvm deny

and

qubes.InputTablet contains
$anyvm $anyvm deny

How do I change qubes.inputTablet ? like qubes.InputMouse ?

Magali

unman

Nov 9, 2020, 7:04:19 AM11/9/20
On Mon, Nov 09, 2020 at 12:56:10PM +0100, Magali Bardet wrote:
> thanks for your answer !
> yes, it is attached to sys-usb.
>
> qubes.InputMouse contains
> sys-usb dom0 allow,user=root
> $anyvm $anyvm deny
>
> and
>
> qubes.InputTablet contains
> $anyvm $anyvm deny
>
> How do I change qubes.inputTablet ? like qubes.InputMouse ?
>

> Magali

Yes, try editing the file with the same sys-usb line:
`sys-usb dom0 allow,user=root`
You will, I think, need to do this as root

Magali Bardet

Nov 9, 2020, 7:06:08 AM11/9/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
thanks, it works !