Application menu edits

Patrick Bouldin

Jan 4, 2017, 9:35:10 AM1/4/17
to qubes-users
Hi, I have looked and can't seem to find advice or documentation on manually removing old deleted VM shortcuts and/or deleted shortcusts from the Applications start button. I saw Application finder, didn't see a clean way there.

Any hint?

Thanks,
Patrick

Unman

Jan 4, 2017, 12:51:14 PM1/4/17
to Patrick Bouldin, qubes-users
If you look in ~/.config/menus/applications-merged you will find the
menu files for each qube. If you have a zombie menu you can delete it
from here and it should disappear from the Applications menu.

The desktop files that back the qube menus are under
/var/lib/qubes/appvms/ or ~/.local/share/applications.
Again, you may find zombie files there, but if you have deleted the menu
entry it should not matter.

Andrew David Wong

Jan 4, 2017, 10:45:53 PM1/4/17
to Patrick Bouldin, qubes-users

Patrick Bouldin

Jan 4, 2017, 11:50:01 PM1/4/17
to qubes-users, pat...@runthisproject.com

Hi Andrew, thanks and I guess so. When I removed one or two with the right click it still left it on the Applications menu selection. So I guess was looking for a remedy to get that last step done.

Thanks,
Patrick